My previous article was on the revelations that came my way when I spent a significant amount of time on the island of Puerto Rico and while looking for evidence of the Chupacabra. Had I not been on so many trips to the island I would never have known of all the intricacies and the little-known aspects of the  Chupacabra  phenomenon. In other words, road-trips and expeditions are still vital. Of course, the Internet  provides us massive amounts of data on the kinds of things I write about and investigate. Getting deep into the heart of the mystery, however, will always be required. And, too, it’s all good fun, With that all said, let’s take a look at some other cases I’ve investigated and the things that would never have surfaced had I not been on site. I’ll began with the matter of the Loch Ness Monster. I was just a little kid when I first went to the loch. Later on, however, on a second visit in my teens, I quickly appreciated how and why it’s so difficult to find something (or anything) mysterious and monstrous in the loch. It’s only when you’re at the loch that you see how huge it really is. But, more than that, there’s the water itself: it’s beyond dark. That’s right: you can barely see below the surface. And I’m not exaggerating. Getting right in the heart of the loch showed me a great deal more than any book could ever have. Not that we should avoid books, of course!

Onto another case: I grew up in a small village in central England called Pelsall, which is a very old village, to say the least: Its origins date back to 994 A.D. But, far more important and relevant than that, Pelsall is located only about a five minute drive from the site of what, ultimately, became one of the most controversial, weird, and – some even said – paranormal-themed events of the early 20th Century. And it all focused upon a man named George Edalji. He was the son of a priest, lived in the very nearby, old town of Great Wyrley, and was thrust into the limelight in 1903 when he was convicted, sentenced and imprisoned for maiming and mutilating horses in the area – reportedly in the dead of night. Collectively, the horse slashing and deaths generated not only a great deal of concern at a local level, but also anger, fear, and a distinct trust of the Edalji family, who the locals had consistently frowned deeply upon ever since they moved to the area years earlier. The mystery was never fully resolved. But, the likelihood is that George was innocent. Sadly, the area, at the time, was filled with more than a few racists, some of them  in the authorities. And George’s father, Shapurji, was from India. George didn’t stand much of a chance against those idiots. But, by hitting the road, I was able to take the story a bit further.

Living in the area I decided to dig up as much as possible – that involved looking for latter-day relatives of the original families that may have been involved. Particularly intriguing is a story that I first got the snippets of in 2015. They were snippets that suggested neither George Edlaji nor Royden Sharpe (the latter a young boy also seen by some locals as the culprit) were the culprits. Sam Bakewell is the author of a currently unpublished (and possibly unfinished) manuscript that offers evidence suggesting that the attacks on the poor horses were undertaken on behalf of a secret society of occultists known as the “Wyrley Gang.” They believed that sacrificial offerings – made to ancient deities – could provide them with power and influence on levels unparalleled. According to Sam, many of those same occultists had ties to the local police and, as a result, therefore had a vested interest in deflecting the press, and even Conan Doyle, away from their activities and in the direction of George Edlaji – who became nothing less than a scapegoat in someone’s infernal plot. Yet again, had I not hit the road(s) I wouldn’t have found out the things I did.

As the Texas Water Development Board says: “Lake Granbury and De Cordova Bend Dam is located about 8.3 miles in southeast of Granbury in Hood County, on the Brazos River. The Brazos River Authority owns the lake and operates the facilities for municipal, industrial, irrigational supplies and recreational purposes. The lake and its dam were first proposed by the Authority in the late 1950s.” On top of that it has 103 miles of shoreline. The approximately 75-foot-deep lake is home to wide and varied kinds of fish, including catfish, bass, gar, and sunfish. It’s a popular spot for a bit of fun, too: water-skiing, boating, and fishing are all very popular on weekends and holidays. And then there is the matter of its hideous, terrifying inhabitant: One-Eye.

There are unlikely tales of a massive, sea-serpent-like beast that, from the descriptions, you would think could almost swallow ships. Having heard this story, and living in Dallas, Texas myself, I decided to check it out and spend some time there for a while. Collectively, I have spent about four days there. The most intriguing, and plausible, theory relates to a story known to a few people in the area. It revolves around the saga of not a forty-or-fifty-foot-long, gigantic monster, but an eel around fifteen feet in length. Indeed, a fifteen-foot-long eel would be impressive. I have investigated a lot of “giant eel” stories over the years and, for me, this one was a good, solid one. It still is. But, by spending time at the lake, I like to think I solved the mystery, even if I didn’t actually catch a marauding monster the length of a football pitch.

Adblock test (Why?)



from Mysterious Universe https://ift.tt/3dHl8b8
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post